- Agnieszka Pomaska will observe the first phase of elections for Egypt’s People’s Assembly | Agnieszka Pomaska
Agnieszka Pomaska will observe the first phase of elections for Egypt’s People’s Assembly 24.11.2011, written by Biuro Poselskie Agnieszki Pomaskiej
Agnieszka Pomaska, Member of the Polish Parliament from the Civic Platform party will be staying in Egypt from 25.11.2011 to 30.11.2011 as an observer of elections scheduled for 28th of November 2011.
Pomaska will be a guest of the American Foundation Intnational Republican Institute. Upon arrival in Egypt, delegates will be briefed by representatives from the U.S. Embassy, international and Egyptian nongovernmental organizations, political parties and representatives of the media. They will also be briefed on Egyptian election law, and the rights and responsibilities of international observers.
Delegates will then be deployed throughout the country where they will observe polling stations and identify and evaluate strengths and weaknesses in Egypt’s election system, including campaign regulations, the balloting process, vote tabulation and reporting.
IRI delegates are:
– Agnieszka Pomaska, Member of the Polish Parliament from the Civic Platform party;
– Fred DeLorey, Director of Communications and spokesman for the Conservative Party of Canada;
– Michele Dunne, Director of the Atlantic Council’s Rafik Hariri Center for the Middle East;
– Antonio Milošoski, former Minister of Foreign Affairs for the Republic of Macedonia.
IRI has also deployed long-term observers throughout the country to observe election related activities such as political campaigns, rallies and elections preparations. These efforts will give IRI a better understanding of the election environment.
Since 1983, IRI has monitored more than 135 elections in more than 44 countries.