COSAC Chairpersons Conference, 23-25 June 2013 23.06.2013, written by Biuro Poselskie Agnieszki Pomaskiej
The President of the Parliamentary European Union Affairs Committee Agnieszka Pomaska is going to participate in the COSAC Chairpersons Conference, which will be held in Dublin, from 23 to 25 June 2013.
The meeting is being organised as part of the parliamentary dimension of Ireland’s Presidency of the Council of the European Union, during the first half of 2013. Agenda of the meeting provides the following topics:
- Practices in selective EU Scrutiny Delivering on Development
- Consideration of the draft Contributions and Conclusions of the XLIX COSAC
- A European Future for Young Citizens
- Enlargement and Neighbourhood Policy – Maintaining Momentum
- Adoption of the Conclusions and Contribution of COSAC XLIX
COSAC is the Conference of the committees of the national Parliaments of the European Union Member States dealing with the European Union affairs as well as representatives of the European Parliament. In addition, the national Parliaments of the candidate countries are invited to participate. COSAC was established in May 1989 at a meeting in Madrid, where the Speakers of the Parliaments of the EU Member States agreed to strengthen the role of national Parliaments in relation to the Community matters by bringing together their Committees on European Affairs. The first meeting of COSAC took place on 16-17 November 1989 in Paris.